Flood Ready TN is a coalition of elected officials, homeowners, small business owners, faith leaders, and community members across the state dedicated to making Tennessee resilient against the frequent flooding. Across Tennessee, flooding is widespread, destructive, and costs Tennessee taxpayers and individuals an average of $243 million each year. Flood Ready TN believes Tennessee should take executive and legislative steps to better prepare for future floods by investing in statewide coordination efforts, green infrastructure solutions, and hazard mitigation.
Here’s what we’re facing:
- Flooding is widespread, destructive, and costly in Tennessee.
- Our cities, counties, and state are at-risk and unprepared.
- Other Southern states have found solutions to support communities.
- Tennessee MUST take executive and legislative action to address flooding. We call on our state’s leadership to do the following:
- Establish a state flood resilience fund to give communities access to funding for federal grant matching and local flood mitigation projects.
- Initiate a statewide resilience planning effort focused on flood preparedness and mitigation led by a designated team or office to coordinate across agencies.
- Provide technical assistance for community resilience planning, grant applications, and project identification and execution through agency outreach or regional efforts.
(Local Government Officials)
Red Bank Mayor Hollie Berry
Claiborne County Mayor Joe Brooks
Fairview City Commissioner Brandon Butler
Claiborne County EMA Director David Breeding
Red Bank Vice-Mayor Stefanie Dalton
Spring City Mayor Woody Evans
Waverly Mayor Buddy Frazier
Decherd Mayor Michael Gillespie
Loudon Mayor Jeff Harris
Madison County Mayor Jimmy Harris
Hancock County Mayor Thomas Harrison
Livingston Mayor Curtis Hayes
Cheatham County EMA Director Edwin Hogan
Dyersburg Mayor John Holden
Giles County EMA Director Jeremy Holley
Dunlap Mayor Clint Huth
Oakland Town Manager Jay Johnson
Nashville Council Member Courtney Johnston
Graysville Mayor Charles Kaylor
Tullahoma Mayor Ray Knowis
Monroe County EMA Director Chad Leming
Woodland Mills Mayor Joseph Lewis
Harriman City Manager Scott Mason
Cheatham County Mayor Kerry McCarver
Bolivar Mayor Julian McTizic
Sunbright Mayor Karen Melton
Franklin Mayor Ken Moore
Dekalb County EMA Director Charles Parker
Putnam County Mayor Randy Porter
Monterey Mayor J.J. Reels
Chapel Hill Alderman Joe Sedlak
Washington County EMA Director Rusty Sells
Benton County Mayor Randy Shannon
Knoxville Council Member Seema Singh
Greene County EMA Director Heather Sipe
McNairy County Mayor Larry Smith
Putnam County EMA Director Tyler Smith
Atoka Town Administrator Marc Woerner
Roane County Mayor Ron Woody
Dyer County Mayor Chris Young
Mayor of Woodbury Andrew Duggin
Shelby County Emergency Management Operations Manager Misty Haley
Mayor of Decherd Michael Gillespie
Want to learn more about what Flood Ready TN is all about? Click below to watch a recording of our first coalition briefing, which took place on October 21, 2021.